Ekaterina Chuprikova was born in Neustrelitz, Germany and grew up in St. Petersburg, Russia. In June 2010 she received a Diploma degree in Cartography from St. Petersburg State University. She graduated from the International Master Program in Cartography taught by the four cooperating Universities TU Munich, TU Vienna, TU Dresden and the University of Twente with the thesis about ''An Assessment of the Solar Potential of Roofs within a Web-based Solar Cadastre''. While working for the Institute for Earth Observation, EURAC Research (Bolzano, Italy) (February 2014 - May 2015), she conducted research on the Earth Observation metadata and WebGIS development. Since June 2015 she is working as research associate at the Chair of Cartography where she is researching on validation of global land cover data, predictive analysis and spatial-temporal uncertainty estimation and visualization.
- Spatial-temporal uncertainty estimation and visualization
- Open-source mapping and services: R, R shiny, Leaflet, QGIS, OpenLayers.
- Subjective logic-based approaches in spatial data
- Land Cover classification and validation
- Bayesian data analysis
- Environmental applications
- Collaborative geospatial information infrastructures
GeoVISTA Center, Department of Geography, The Pennsylvania State University (July 2017 - September 2017)
Development of an Uncertainty-Aware Visual Analytics
National Geomatics Center of China (NGCC) (November 2015 - December 2015)
Prototyping Visual Tools For Crowdsourcing Data Validation for Globeland30 Geoportal
- Visual Analytics-enabled Bayesian Network Approach to Reasoning about Public Camera Data. EuroVis Workshop on Reproducibility, Verification, and Validation in Visualization (EuroRV3), The Eurographics Association, 2018 mehr…
- Towards Seamless Validation of Land Cover Data. Proceedings, 2017 mehr…
- VISUAL TOOLS FOR CROWDSOURCING DATA VALIDATION WITHIN THE GLOBELAND30 GEOPORTAL. ISPRS - International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences XLI-B8, 2016, 1301-1304 mehr…
- Imperial College London (ICL) - TUM Global Fellows Programme: Cities of the Future, 2018
- Second Prize Award within the GlobeLand30 Paper Competition at the 23rd Congress of the International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS), Prague, 2015
- ERASMUS scholarship within Student Mobility for Studies (SMS) Program, 2014
E. Chuprikova (2018): Visual Analytics-enabled Bayesian Network Approach to Reasoning about Public Camera Data. EuroVis Workshop on Reproducibility, Verification, and Validation in Visualization (EuroRV3), 4 June 2018, Brno, Czechia
E. Chuprikova (2017): Towards Seamless Validation of Land Cover Data. The 28th International Cartographic Conference (ICC), 2-7 July 2017, Washington D.C., USA.
E. Chuprikova (2016): Visual Tools For Crowdsourcing Data Validation Within The Globeland30 Geoportal. ISPRS 2016 - XXIII ISPRS Congress, 12-19 July, 2016, Prague, Czechia
E. Chuprikova (2015): Visual Discovery of Remotely Sensed Data within GlobeLand30. International Workshop on Mobility and Land Cover Change Mapping ISPRS MLCCM 2015, Changsha, China
E. Chuprikova (2015): Assessment of the Solar Potential of Roofs within a Web-based Solar Cadastre based on object-segmented features. The 27th International Cartographic Conference (ICC), 23-28 August, 2015, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. (Poster presentation)
E. Chuprikova (2015): An Assessment of the Solar Potential of Roofs within a Web-based Solar Cadastre. GI_Forum, Salzburg, Austria