- Mass Range: µg
- Projectile velocity: 5 - 15 km/s
- Simulation of Micrometeoroids and Space Debris
- Surface Modification by Plasma Pulses
1) Plasma-dynamic accelerator chamber
- Diameter: 85 cm
- Length: 220 cm
- Vacuum: final pressure (max.): 10-4 mbar
The vaccum container is designed for the plasma-dynamic accelerator. It is equipped with the necessary fixation points.
2) Plasma-dynamic impact chamber
- Diameter: 90 cm
- Length: 80 cm
- Vacuum: Final pressure (max.): 10-6 mbar
The Vacuum chamber is integrated into the testbed of the plasma-dynamic accelerator; several flanges and feedthroughs are available; the target carrier slide can be dismounted easily. During the process of integration the plasma-dynamic accelerator is not operational.