Munich Aerospace awards doctoral scholarships in the field of aerospace research to support young scientists. The scholarships are aimed at qualified university graduates who have completed their studies in a field relevant to aerospace and are now aspiring for a doctorate at the Technical University of Munich or the Bundeswehr University Munich.
Further information on the PhD topics can be found in the PDF files below:
- Development of AI-based on-board guidance & navigation procedures for the safe and optimal execution of avoidance manoeuvres in the context of autonomous collision avoidance in multi-spacecraft systems (Leitung: Prof. Roger Förstner) (PDF)
- Analysis and Development of AI-based Concepts for Ground Based Collision Avoidance in Single- and Multi-Satellite-Systems (Leitung: Prof. Roger Förstner) (PDF)
- Machine-Learning Based Dynamic Radio Resource Allocation for Future Satellite Systems (Leitung: Prof. Andreas Knopp) (PDF)
- Lightweight Code-based Quantum-Resistant Cryptography. The activity aims at developing lightweight quantum-secure crytosystems for hardware-constrained satellite loT terminals (Leitung: Prof. Gerhard Kramer) (PDF)
- Coding for Uncoordinated Multiple Access. The activity aims at the design of code-based access protocols for satellite loT systems, targeting an energy efficiency close to the theoretical bounds (Leitung: Prof. Gerhard Kramer) (PDF)
- Efficient structure exploitation on GPUs for discretized optimal control problems (Leitung: Prof. Matthias Gerdts) (PDF)
- Robust Model Predictive Control under Uncertainties (Leitung: Prof. Matthias Gerdts) (PDF)
- Intelligent Fault Detection and Fault-tolerant Control (Leitung: Dr. Gertjan Looye) (PDF)
- Certifiable Control Allocation for eVTOL (Leitung: Dr. Gertjan Looye) (PDF)
- Intelligent fault-tolerant flight guidance (Leitung: Dr. Gertjan Looye) (PDF)
- Hybrid lightweight structures by using of additive manufacturing (Leitung: Prof. Eric Jägle) (PDF)
- Hybrid lightweight structures by additive manufacturing (Leitung: Prof. Eric Jägle) (PDF)
- Experimental Analysis of Drop-In Biofuels as an Alternative Fuel for Small Aero Engines (Leitung: Dr. Christian Helcig) (PDF)
- Performance and Emissions of Helicopter Engines using Drop-In Biofuels (Leitung: Dr. Christian Helcig) (PDF)
Further information on the PhD scholarship conditions can be found here.
Information on our newly acknowledged research groups can be found here.